Saturday, January 31, 2009

Auto-biography photoblog

December update-I am reposting my auto-biography once again because I added pictures of both my MGB and the Lebaron. The only stand-in left is the Audi.

Enjoy!

Another photo blog-this is something I've wanted to do for a while-an autobiography by auto (groan) I promise to keep the commentary brief.

My first car-a 1971 MGB, purchased at 21(?) This thing was so much fun but it was parked more than running-cash low in those days. It did make it to Cape Hatteras and back-below is one of those pictures.

Next up,a 1976 Triumph Spitfire. As you can tell, I loved to sit close to the ground, and of course shift gears (still do). This is me on Harrison Ave in Glenside-the place I thank for my superior parellel parking skills (bragging but it's true)

My next car was a diversion along the convertible path-a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law-.This 1972 Audi that took me to real estate school in the mid-80s.

1967 Buick Gran Sport-another hand-me-down (from Mark this time) but what a car! 400 cubic inches disguised as a grandma cruiser. One of the motor mounts was broken so we had to refrain from stomping on it off the line (a terrible lurching would ensue). Looking back I guess this was a good thing-I might have landed in jail for racing LOL.

These pictures are from a trip we took to Newport circa early 80s.

Back to convertibles-Farfignugen this time! 1980 Rabbit convertible-Golf body style-ran the hell out of this one. This is my car outside a house I was selling.

Next up, 1990 Lebaron-I missed my stick shift but this car got me through college in my thirties-a lot of back and forth in a circle Brigantine to Pomona to the Showboat parking lot.

This is one of my pictures of the buggy (aka 1999 VW Cabrio) at the apartment I stayed outside DC when working there last spring. Mark came to visit with bikes loaded. We tried to sell this car but are SO glad we couldn't-it spent two winters in FL saving us money on rental cars, and is a godsend for Mark right now what with the price of gas.

Here's the latest a 2003 Saab 9-3 convertible, aka the jet (comes from the Saab motto Born From Jets).Fast, fun to drive (5 speed standard equipment!!), but a tad expensive to maintain. Oh well.

Here it is loaded for March's Chincoteague trip.

So there you have it-my auto-biography. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

1 comment:

  1. I loved looking at this. You are so smart with the double entendre---Auto Biography. ;) Cindy

    ReplyDelete