Saturday, January 31, 2009

Georgetown photoblog

UPDATE with a Georgetown History link-good old wiki.

I am in DC for a couple days for a job interview, and I was pleased to see that I feel the same way about the city that I did when I lived here 2 years ago. Of course I haven't been to the National mall area yet-that's tomorrow after the interview-but I still feel a connection to the whole area and especially still love Georgetown.

What a mix of old buildings and chain stores-cobblestones and fake handbag kiosks-Obama signs and blue alligator shoes. I love it! I'm finding myself very nostalgic for the time I spent here 2 years ago, and even more excited about this job opportunity I hope the gods are smiling down on me (and fairy godmother and guardian angel LOL-I'll take all the help I can get!)

I wandered up to Georgetown tonight from my hotel in Foggy Bottom, and thought I'd share some pictures with you, including some of my favorite spots in this part of town.
M Street



Hu's Shoes-great store with a well-edited (as they say) collection of designer shoes. The first thing I did after moving in to the apartment in Arlington (across the river) back in 2007 was come here and buy a gorgeous pair of shoes (which I still have and wear of course) My introduction to DC! Luckily they were out of my size in the sale shoes I was coveting tonight.



Another shot of M Street



Along Wisconsin Ave







Houses on a side street



Looking back down towards M







Wisconsin Ave destination-Cafe Bonaparte-for a glass of wine and a crepe



and hot buttered rum for dessert



Great window!



I wonder if Mrs Natalie has any insights about my job interview (so weird that my mom's name is Natalie...)



Blue alligator shoes as promised



Bank building that's still a bank on corner of Wisconsin and M




A little slice of heaven-The Paper Source



No comment here





LOL





That's it for tonight.

oxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love seeing and wandering through medium sized towns like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EB! I love the fact that Georgetown was a town long before DC came along and usurped it. It still has a lot of charm and independent boutiques and restaurants among the chains.

    ReplyDelete