Saturday, January 31, 2009

A trip to the FC buoy-summer 08

So-how was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed whatever you were up to and had some good weather for it.

We had some beautiful weather in AC-we've been very lucky so far this year to have a minimal amount of disgustlingly hot and humid days. This makes me happy in SO MANY ways, not the least being a small(er) electric bill. The more the windows are open, the less money I owe AC Electric. The other advantage is that I get a bit of extra sleep in the morning because the cats are busy sitting in the windows birdwatching, so they don't pay attention to their empty belly alarms until they get really loud.

This past Sunday was one of those glorious days. Mark and I were invited to come over to Brigantine for a boat ride by our friend Joe, who owns a marina that will soon be turned into expensive waterfront shacks. Joe just bought a fixer-upper that he wants to take down the Intercoastal to Florida this fall. Well, I don't think he's leaving anytime soon, because, as we found out when we arrived (luckily via Nadya),



Please excuse the hair on this one-I can't wait til it grows out!



the boat (as yet unnamed) was not leaving his dock-some convoluted problem that I can't explain to you because I tuned out the description LOL.

So all five of us (Mark and I, Joe, and one of their fishing buddies Leo, and his wife Jan)


Joe and Leo



Jan-with the Brigantine Bridge and Harrahs in the background



climbed aboard Nadya and went for a ride to the FC buoy for some drinks and snacks. Ok, now you must be wondering how we get drinks and snacks on a buoy in the middle of the water? Don't worry, the FC buoy is otherwise known as the Flying Cloud restaurant, and is located in Gardner's Basin on the northern (inlet) side of Atlantic City, right across the inlet from Brigantine.


Anyhoo-We all piled on to Nadya and proceeded to the FC buoy for some drinks and appetizers. The place was crowded but not too bad, and we were entertained by a fairly good keyboard player/singer (although I liked his sax palying better than anything else) and whiled away the afternoon just soaking up the sun and fun.


What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Some shots along the way-


South Beach, Brigantine LOL



Ugly house with amazing ocean and inlet views. One of these days Brigantine's Ugly Houses will get their very own blog!



The FC buoy from the water (get rid of those damn fenders-not required on the water side and so unyar!)



Nadya at the dock



Mark and I next to Nadya (thanks Jan)



Mark, Joe and I in the smoking section LOL (thanks Jan)



I bet you didn't know we had orange (WTF?) palm trees in South Jersey


The scene outside


Joe and Jan clowning around!



NJ's finest-if you're going to be a cop, this wouldn't be too bad-although I wish they'd enforce the no-wake zone behind our house!!!



An aside here about fishing buddies-you know how men almost never talk about real life when they get together? It's always about the activity they are pursuing (in this case fishing) or the one they are going to pursue (I'm assuming this includes sex but can't tell you for sure LOL) Knowing this fact, I never bother to ask about Mark's fishing buddy's spouses-or if they're even married-because it's useless-in most cases he won't even know. So-this buddy Leo-I guess I knew he was married but never really thought about it. Well, his wife was along on this trip and what a revelation! It turns out both of us are total shutterbugs and into the internet, although Jan is more advanced than I am, and does videos, etc. We got along famously, and had so much to talk about-I think the guys were a little stunned-or maybe not LOL. So I think I made a new friend that day and am so happy about it-thanks Jan if you are reading!

A shot of the afternoon sun on the water-life is good!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment