Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hypnotized by Trees

I spent last week working in a little town called Canton, PA, in the woods halfway between Williamsport, PA and Elmira, NY.

I'd never been to this job before and was a little apprehensive about the commute-the only decent hotels are 40 miles south in Williamsport, so everyone drives to Canton every day. You may know that I commute 60 miles to the office when I'm not on the road, and even though I'm sure it's not the worst commute in the world, it is very tiring, with lots of traffic etc. For this reason I normally try to stay as close to the job as possible, so I can sleep in and still get to work on time. (Although since discovering Myspace I spend that time out here, but that's another story-I wrote a blog about it LOL).

Well, I was as wrong as I could be about this commute! The ride was so beautiful and green that I could actually feel my blood pressure going down and found myself smiling behind the wheel! The rolling hills, the bends in the road opening up to green vistas, the TREES! Amazing!

So, have a look at some of the pictures I took on the ride. Most of them are a little blurry because I was driving, but actually it adds more atmosphere to an already misty morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment