Sunday, November 21, 2010

The antithesis of profound-ruminations on winter




I'm categorizing this under Goals, Plans, and Hopes because it is about winter and how much I hate it this year.

How do I know this, you ask? Well, I have never loved winter-I hate the cold and am not much for winter sports. My perfect skiing vaca would be spent in front of one of those enormous fireplaces crackling 24/7-oh and don't forget the hot buttered rums!



I noticed that something changed this year, and it's all about shoes. For the past 10 years or so I've been into shoes in a big way, and even in the dead of winter I'd lug shoeboxes around in the car so I could always have a cool pair on wherever I worked. I'd be out of those snow boots in two seconds once I arrived at my work site, be it the office or on the road.
A blog I wrote eons ago about finding the right pair of shoes

Something happened this year though. I asked for and got a new pair of Uggs for Christmas; in the process of purchasing them found out the 99% are now made in China-WTF? (but that's another blog) My old ones were getting a bit worse for the 5 years of constant wear, but the truth is I wanted a black pair so that I could wear them with work clothes.



So, yes, that is what is different this year. I have all these amazing shoes that I love (no new ones this year other than the Uggs) but have not worn them at all! When I do wear something else it's only my moccasins or sneakers. Now I'm not sure if this is all a bit of a protest about the winter, or if it's about a change in me somehow.

Of course you know that I am very capricious when it comes to many things and get bored very quickly, but I find it hard to believe that I am bored with all my shoes! That would be one sad state of affairs! And it's not like I have a great jones on for new shoes-most of them are ugly. So WTF is going on?

Tonight I am going out for a girls' night in Atlantic City and really looking forward to it on many levels. However, the question remains-what will I do about my shoes? There will be no Uggs (I am SO ready to retire them til next winter anyway) or moccasins, I promise you! I'm going to wear jeans, so just about anything goes, and believe me for once I WILL NOT go tromping through any snow, so which shoes will I end up with? I guess I will find out, and I will probably post the answer and maybe a picture tomorrow.

Everything in the universe is just vibrational energy, so what do I do with my vibrations tonight?






No comments:

Post a Comment