Monday, November 29, 2010

Night in Venice (actually OC NJ) July 28, 09

This is my 200th blog-amazing isn't it? And I'm posting it on a day that I always remember-well give or take a couple hours. So here it is-the latest effort.

My weekend was a lazy one; just what I needed. It seems I find it difficult to get out of the house many days-that is unless I'm going someplace fun like NY or even Philly. But to go to the cleaners and Target? Nah...

Mark suggested that we take a boat ride down to Night in Venice in OC on Saturday night. This is a yearly tradition in which the whole town goes a little crazy. People decorate their boats and parade down the intercoastal past all the houses, which are also decorated and full of revelers. The best place to see the decorated boats is from the island itself, but I know it has to be a mob scene and to try to drive home after-well forget about it.

So we boarded the boat about 5 PM with hoagies and drinks along for the ride.




The tide was out pretty far so I got a couple shots under the house, yes I said under.





Pretty wild, I know.

The pilings and steel that hold us up (yes that's the jet on the street in the background)



and just because I like the way they look







and a shot of the porch all freshly painted





First floor not so much...

And we're off





accompanied by our drinks of choice (Mark drinks G and Ts but I like this bottle better)







Bridges along the way











An early view of the boat crowd anchored up





A bit later




Tried to get a shot of the two of us but they were so goofy you'll have to settle for this one




Now you know normally I'd be linking you to the Night in Venice site and more pictures whatever, especially since the night time shots were impossible, given that I had no tripod AND was on a boat, but I'm not going to. Check out the Press of Atlantic City for more pics if you wish.

I'll leave you with this one-just a taste of the light show





Thanks for coming by for a ride on Nadya


No comments:

Post a Comment