Monday, November 29, 2010

happy birthday dad jan 10

I think this belongs on my crazy lady page, but fuk it-here it is.

Today is my dad's birthday; 1/2/31-1/11/2001. We don't really acknowledge those dates formally; we talk about him all the time, and when I am with my mother I always feel him there, whether I realize at the time or not.

I found myself in Borders today buying a book to read on the plane (going to visit the snowbirds soon ) and my eye fell on a book tossed casually on a table-who knows where it actually belonged.

I picked it up and started reading it, and I became so engrossed that I sat down in the nearest chair and paged through the whole thing. It was written in a very chatty style, as a FAQ to a spirit medium, and was very easy to read. The woman explained some of the basics of her gift and the information about death and crossing over she's gained over her life of communicating with the dead.

Some people (including my husband) are very skeptical about such things; you may be a skeptic yourself! As for me, well I've always been a bit apathetic and on-the-fence about the whole idea, but the older I get the more I believe that such things could exist.

Some of the stories in the book made me cry; I hid behind my glasses but there were tears coming down my face. My dad was in my head or beside me the whole time, and I felt his presence acutely (wrong word maybe?)

It wasn't until I put down the book, paid for my purchase, and drove away that I remembered something interesting-my dad's birthday! You may think less of me for forgetting, but I do think of him all the time, so another day was nothing new. But my mind was on birthdays, cause my nephew's birthday is Monday and I had no gift or card! Hopefully an I tunes gift card will soften the blow of a late birthday card.

(Just an aside here-I know I don't need to explain but I find it significant somehow. All three of my brother's kids were born only a day or two away from other birthdays in the immediate family. The youngest was born only two days after my father's bday, my niece three days before mine, and my oldest nephew only one day after my husbands'.)

The book mentioned coincidences and how they don't exist-every coincidence happens for a reason, of course. How did I see that book? I didn't know it existed until I saw it thrown on the table; I never would have looked for it. This medium would say that my father put it there as a sign for me today; a way of letting me know a number of things.

So I am here to acknowledge his birthday and his visit-happy birthday dad! I love you and miss you!

Some pictures













Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment