Sunday, November 21, 2010

The answer to a pressing question reveals itself Feb 09

A very revealing couple of days are unfolding in front of me. First the tattoo yesterday, and today-well what can I say?



I received a call this morning from the man who would have been my boss in DC-yes, that's right, I didn't get the job. He was very nice and said that the decision was very difficult, etc etc etc, but at the end of the day they chose someone else. Oh well-at least the waiting is over.



Now it's back to the grind of what I do now-yes I know I should feel lucky to have a job at all given the economy, but I must tell you that the "industry" I work for will not be cutting back; as a matter of fact we are busier then ever. I guess that does make me lucky.



In case you have no idea WTF I am talking about-here is the
blog I wrote when trying to decide whether to apply for the job, and the Georgetown photoblog from the day of the interview in DC.



I know the reason I didn't get this is that it was not meant to be, obviously there is something else waiting for me somewhere; I just know that I am not long for what I am doing right now. Fortunately there are a lot of opportunities within the overall system here; although the part about working from home will be difficult to beat! My boss mentioned something to me last week that sounded awfully intriguing, so I will just have to ask about and go for it. In the meantime, I do have a job, and most of the time it is pretty damn ok. I do like being on the road, although happy I don't have to be in the northeast PA mountains this week after all.



Back again after a conversation with the boss, and I have to say I am very lucky to work for her. She is going to try to make some very accommodating changes to my work life that will help me get through the day-to-day, plus I know she will continue to look for opportunities for her staff to do different exciting things, and I will continue to step up for them!





Have a great Monday. I really must get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment