Monday, November 29, 2010

There must be something wrong with me Jan 10

I hope to bring you another photoblog later today; this one from the land of the 20somethings, but this morning I must make a statement and ask a question.





A lot of folks here on the spazz are spending a lot of energy blogging about the Haitian earthquake-some exhorting folks to give, some poking fun and making (tasteless? IDK, I don't read them-you tell me) jokes about the plight of the people of a third world country. (And of course the actual facts about Haiti are not important-warning this is VERY simplistic-when a corrupt government steals all the money and there is no infrastructure or economy to speak of, well shit happens, and no earthquake relief money is going to solve that. But it may help them stumble to their feet-sorting the rest is up to them-and dammit I wasn't going to opine-but there it is)

Some are ranting about all the money going there (including our tax dollars from our president, but never mind-this is not about that disgrace to the office)-they bitch and moan about why there is so much emphasis on the suffering from the earthquake when there are so many people suffering around the world and of course right here at home.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!



WTF? Please tell me if I am getting this all wrong, because I am not reading most of these blogs-I am just not interested in it.

But I don't understand why certain people have to broadcast all this shit to the world-I mean, can't you just make your donation or not and shut up about it? I'm sure many people who donated a little money to the earthquake relief donate to other charities as well when they are able-BUT THEY DON"T FEEL THE NEED TO BROADCAST IT ALL OVER MYSPACE. Again I say WTF?????





I may decide to tell you if I donated for earthquake relief, and I may decide to tell you about the other causes I am lucky enough to afford to donate a little money too, but you know, that is my business and I don't choose to tell you.
I RESPECT your right to choose the charity/cause you wish to support, and don't shove anything down anyone's throat.

Fine, it's ok to let your friends know about a worthy charity, but dammit, don't try to make me feel guilty about donating or not!!!! (BTW-none of my friends here do this-I am speaking in a general sense)

OK-I guess my rant is over. Thanks for allowing me to vent about one small part of my distaste with some folks here. yes, Lover there is a list, and dammit those folks are dropping off my subscription list like flies-I really don't give a shit anymore, thank you very much.



next up-why do the 20somethings all dress alike?, and other questions.

See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment