Monday, November 29, 2010

Fire in lower Chelsea Sept 09

For some reason I haven't been feeling the camera much lately, but when I woke up at 2 AM Wednesday morning to the sound of fire trucks on my street, I decided to take the camera outside with me. I thought since I was up and watching the scene, I might as well shoot if I was at all inspired. I made some of these black and white, but I'm a little ambivalent about it-the fire is so red and fiery against the night sky. But some of the shots look better in b and w (the fire hoses, for instance). Please let me know what you think.
Just to be clear-my house was NOT on fire. Although we were a little worried about the sparks at one point (considering we are wood and all wood), we are fine.

Thanks for coming by and your comments-as always I love to hear your thoughts.















No comments:

Post a Comment