Sunday, November 21, 2010

Body image-for AND March 09

br />This is my first blog for the A.N.D. group, a very talented group of writers who challenge the rest of us with a different topic every week. I am very lazy about writing in any structured way, so I haven't attempted any of the topics until now. Truth be told, I did sit down to write something on the topic of first love but decided against it; somehow the story is not ready for the public profile. Maybe someday I'll get there.

My body image... Now that's a topic that is shrouded in my past and shall remain a bit hidden, but I have learned some things over the years that I will share with you.

I believe I see my body realistically; I like some parts of it, and some parts I hate. I carry about 20 pounds or so of extra weight, and strangely almost all of it is on my lower half. So of course that is the part of me that I don't like and work hard to cover up/camouflage. I've learned how to draw attention to the top half and away from the bottom.

Case in point-30th HS reunion November 2008
And I almost didn't wear the bra-make of that what you will...




I do not like the extra weight and how it shapes my life and what I wear, but I must admit it has served me well for my entire adult life as a kind of protective shield. It's only lately that I understand why I need this shield and what it all means; I hope to shed that skin before I die.

Now according to the rules established by the beautiful and talented Jersey Girl, I must tell you five things I like about my body:
My hair-can't wait til it grows out again
My eyes
My shoulders and back
My itty bitty titty committee
My waist

Thanks A.N.D. for the opportunity to write about this.
Now everyone please go check out all the other blogs on this topic and all the others; they are linked on
the A.N.D blog.

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment