Monday, November 29, 2010

Details-Atlanta photoblog

UPDATE-more pics of the one that doesn't fit AND the mystery plant at the bottom. Please scroll down to the end. Thanks!

I took lots of pictures at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, but instead of showing you all of them, I'm going to do something different.
Take a look at these and tell me which one doesn't fit with the rest and why.

Thanks for stopping by






































So-which one doesn't belong, and why?


Here's the update and the answer-all of the pics are leaves except for #6, so according to my calculations, that is the one that doesn't belong. Love all your answers though-everyone had their own rationale and you guys made it more fun! Richard-the pic that looked like a painting was just an effect. Here is the atrium, graced by the glass sculpture (by Chihuly no less) with the leaf sculpture behind it.




and another one



and another Chihuly-just because I can






Now about that mystery plant-here it is in color





After some digging on the internet and thinking about a convo Pat and I had after I took the pic, I realized that these are carnivorous plants of the Heliamphora variety (link to wiki) (aka marsh pitcher plants). They are notoriously difficult to grow and the Atlanta Botanical Garden is very proud of their collection.

Thanks for coming back to get the answer-well my answer anyway :)
oxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment