Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kiteboarding by the Sunshine Skyway March 09



My last day in Florida is almost over :( This time tomorrow I'll be in a hotel somewhere between here and AC. I have so many pictures to share with you, and at this point everything is all out of order, but I'm just going with the flow.

I finally got to Haslam's, the bookstore institution in St Petersburg, and yes of course I bought some books. On the way back I decided to take a ride onto Tierra Verde and see if I could get some good shots of the Sunshine Skyway bridge, a beautiful piece of engineering.


The best view of the bridge turned out to be from the kiteboarding beach, and since the wind was blowing about 25 today, anyone with a kiteboard was on the water. The only reason I know anything about these things is that Mark was an avid windsurfer in his youth, and still takes his board out when the wind is just right. The difference-
windsurfing




Kiteboarding




So-the bridge



Kites



Getting air









A video-listen to the wind. Some jumping included.




Kiteboarding 1










Thanks for watching. I'll catch you from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment