Sunday, November 21, 2010

Worthless Treasures AND blog April 09

font size="3">Another inspirational topic from the A.N.D. group-thanks RTJ!

Worthless treasures-hah! All my treasures are written on pieces of paper, and there are TOO MANY cluttering my life at any given time. Many of these aren't really treasures but trash that I'm not ready to throw out yet. Certain things (like magazines) seem to get a LOOOONNGGG shelf life around here and it's time for that to change.




The meaning and purpose of this blog is not deep or profound; but I need to make a list of the paper that I can't part with and start to get rid of everything else. Writing for this topic is a perfect opportunity to bring a little order to my brain and my life, so, with that in mind, I give you a list of my worthless treasures:

Cards and letters from my mother (and father too) going back I don't know how long

Stuff accumulated on my trip to Prague and central Europe 12 (!) years ago



The fruits of my father's years of genealogical research; sadly I am remiss in continuing his work





Phillies memorabilia



Ashes of kitties we've loved and lost

Photographs from every phase of my life and old slides from trips we took as kids



Books



Pictures on the wall-posters and original art



That's the end for now. My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to get rid of some of the many pieces of paper that don't appear above. This is long overdue!

So-thanks for listening and please go check A New Day (A.N.D.) for amazing blogs on this topic and others-you'll find links to many insightful reads I promise.










No comments:

Post a Comment