Sunday, November 21, 2010

Something on my mind march 09




It's Caturday!




I am appropriately mellow after some drinks and good fresh fish for dinner, but I still have something on my mind that's bugging me for the third day now. I'm going to tell you a little story I heard the other day, and I want to hear your reaction, both the immediate knee jerk and after couple minutes of thought; that is if you will indulge me. Thanks in advance.

So I heard about this older couple who got married a couple years ago, after living together for several years. During the time before the engagement the man gave the woman some beautiful diamond earrings,



and then a diamond ring and bracelet for the engagement.





Flash forward to two years later, when the man throws in the woman's face the fact that all the jewelery is completely and utterly FAKE! She takes it to be appraised and finds that he is telling the whole truth and the lot isn't worth a hundred bucks. WTF???

Now I don't know these people but I understand that the man could well afford the real thing-it seems this may be the reason that no one suspected that it was fake.

So-before I tell you about MY reaction to this story, I want to hear yours.


What do you think?











No comments:

Post a Comment