Monday, November 29, 2010

Friends, myspace and facebook Feb 10

UPDATE WITH A FUN SONG!


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!




















Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


You may notice that Mada is back. UPDATE here-she is gone already LOL but here she is



(if you have never seen her before please forgive me-I do change avatars a lot- read about them here if you wish)

Thinking a lot lately about many things, as usual the ADD is going full blast. Sometimes I feel like Lexie-always walking around looking for trouble




but then she has an excuse. She's part Siamese!

So what is this about friends, and why did I put my top on random tonight? You may know that most of the people on my top friends are hardly ever here anymore. Oh they stop by to see some blogs, and I do communicate with them on facebook (and some on email and phone) and still love them all, but they are not the people that I interact with the most on Myspace. I don't make a big deal about it but the top friends are (or should be) the folks I interact with (on my page and on the blogs) most when I am here. So the friends are on random for now and may be for a while. Luckily none of my friends really care too much about the "top friend" game-they know they're my friends and I guess that's enough. (I don't pay much attention to it either.)

About facebook-yes I could write a rant about how much facebook sucks and how restrained I am there, but other people do it better (check out Carl on the subject-he is one funny mofo), so I don't think I need to rehash it all again.

I will say this about the difference and the function of each, in my mind anyway. Aside from being the place where all the kids I know hang out online, thus my Aunt Elizabeth persona, facebook is the place where many people I "met" on myspace are hanging out nowadays. That's fine with me, whatever floats your boat, but I find it a little boring.

To me facebook is the place you go when you don't want to meet anyone new. Maybe you reconnect with family or old friends, but it's really not conducive to meeting new people. Yes I belong to some groups there but they are really fan pages and they keep me up to date with what is going on, but they are not about one-on-one interaction.

"They" say myspace is dying, but I really think it has a place, especially if you like to blog and put your work and/or heart and soul out there. When you do this, yes your friends gather and comment, but there is always a chance that someone new, someone you never would have "met" otherwise, will come around and comment. Keeping myself open to meeting new people through words and pictures is part of why I am here. (of course I don't mean the pedophiles and creepy folks-luckily I don't attract them whew! I also check people out before I friend them, and I normally read their blogs and/or have some friends in common before I take the plunge-but that's another blog)

So I guess this explains why I am eventually going to rearrange my top friends, and why I reposted my AUTO-biography blog. Although I still interact with many of those friends in other venues, I continue to make new friends and readers HERE and I love it!

Thanks for being here and reading and commenting.

Do you have a facebook page too? (Don't worry I won't go trying to add you over there LOL. This is the real me anyway) What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment