Monday, November 29, 2010

I just want to go off into the desert by myself-Why I need both myspace and facebook Oct 10

So have you heard anything about the BIG surprise announcement yet? Seems both MS and FB are cooking up some new chicanery-and the word on the street is
DRUM ROLL PLEASE




A MERGER!! OMFG!! Say it aint so!






When a bunch of my friends here decamped to FB, either deleting their pages here or coming so infrequently that cobwebs were growing, I reluctantly started using my page there. FB has its uses, don't get me wrong, but it is def the sanitized version of me, although I do post lots of articles that may have some of my friends shaking their heads, especially the ones about the scourge of Islam.

But FB is so vanilla sweet-it's not for the real me; the reason I have an online profile in the first place! My myspace profile is still semi-anonymous; I use a completely different email and my name is nowhere to be found. Now yes I'm sure that if someone really wanted to find out who I am they could, but the point is, if you search for me, my name, or any of my emails (except one), you will not find me here. And that's the way I like it.

I like to have a place where I can reveal some things about my personal life that I would never reveal on FB; not about my work, cause that really is pretty secret, but about my frustrations with certain people in my life, including sometimes co-workers.

A recent blog gets to this very point-it's about my husband (who never comes on line) and my BFF (who still has a page here but never visits) I could never express those feelings on FB, nor do I really think it is the appropriate place; after all, that's my real name out there. (BTW if you do find me and request me there, don't expect me to accept without your real name-new FB rule-I show you mine, you show me yours!)



Case in point-spent some time with the BFF today, and we were talking about a trip we're going on later on this winter-long story which I won't get into-and it's to a place I've always wanted to go. She's talking about how she's been to some of the places we're going, but only with her husband, and prattling on about how it will be different to see with her gfs (there'll be 5 of us altogether for a week).

Well you know me-sometimes too much company is too much-and I am longing to just take a drive out into the desert with the camera ALL BY MYSELF! And you know, I could really give a shit what they all think! Now that's not FB friendly, is it?






So MS, for all its flaws and nonsensical FB-like bullshit, is still very useful to me; and that's without mentioning the friends here who listen to and support me, like you are right now, EVEN IF YOU ARE LURKING!






So-what do YOU think of the rumors about a merger? And even though the subject's been done to death, do you have a fb page, and what do you think about this whole mess?

PS I know there has recently been a big kerfluffle of drama here; something about personal info being posted, and other things I won't mention, but I have no knowledge of it, and to tell you the truth, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!

So done lurking around the drama-OVER IT!! What about you?









No comments:

Post a Comment