Monday, November 29, 2010

Ugly shoes Dec 09

In my last blog I bemoaned the state of the USA, and gave you Caroline Baum's take on jobs, banking, and what comes next.

I'm still bemoaning here in this blog, but the subject is completely unimportant compared to the future of our nation. HOWEVER, it is important to me and anyone who follows the state of SHOES. if you are a shoe-lover like me, you probably either love or hate the shoes available right now. Well, I'm here to tell you that I fall down on the




side. All the shoes are either sky-high ugly platforms or little baby-girl flats-what happened to the shoes that turned me into a shoe-lover? Alas they are nowhere to be found! (actually that isn't strictly true-there's a pair of Manolo Blahniks below that I would love to have)

So here it is-feast your eyes on some really ugly shoes, and after you are done I'll treat you to the Blahniks.










And how about these for evening wear? BAHAHAHA



I saw this next pair in Lucky mag and they inspired this blog; they sum the whole thing up rather nicely I think.





All of these shoes make me feel like I'm supposed to be at war with my shoes and the world. WTF? I want my clothes to make me feel better-more comfortable, sexier, whatever. I guess I am out of step with the trends. And this one can't go away fast enough. Maybe when we throw the Dems out of DC? hmmmmm
.


So-our reward for making it this far-the Blahniks. The existence of these shoes does not mean that Manolo passed on the trends above, but it does indicate that he understands how a really beautiful shoe transcends the dull and ugly.






So tell me-what do you think? Are these shoes ugly?




No comments:

Post a Comment