Sunday, November 21, 2010

Procrastination March 09



So now that Mark is in bed and the TV is off, maybe I can finally write this blog about

You guessed it-Procrastination!




I am a world class procrastinator, which of course doesn't make me special in any way. In fact it's actually rather boring. I could regale you with tales of my procrastinating exploits, including unwritten papers, unrehearsed speeches, and tests taken on the fly, but blah blah blah I don't think I will.

Lately my procrastination entails me dragging my feet on the wrap-up stage of a project (or job as we call them). This last one took forever; and yes I had lots of distractions, but also no clear deadline, and this lack of urgency sends me into procrastinator's hell. All those administrative tasks that make me want to scream-just done yesterday-well after they should have been finished even though many other shorter, less tedious tasks were completed in the meantime.





I'm curious if my physical reaction to the results of procrastinating-the feelings of things hanging over my head, the feeling of dread (even though of course the task is not dangerous-well maybe to my mental health) are due to my own craziness or common among procrastinators. The feeling of dread-do you know what I mean?




So tell me about your procrastination. What do you avoid; what makes you cringe; and how does it make you feel?





No comments:

Post a Comment