Monday, November 29, 2010

Brazilians and the nanny state June 10

Caution-if you unaware, either of the rise of the nanny state or the
reality of hair removal, and prefer to remain that way, please stop
right here.


Ok-fair warning given. Just a little idea for a blog this morning. I
won't go into the details, but let's just say that I am in need of
certain services right now-a brazilian, actually. (If you don't know
what that is, please google.)









So, even though I adore my friend Trisch at Blue Mercury in Atlantic
City, and would love to drive about a mile to get my business done, I
have to drive up to Philly, to my friend Kelly at Blue Mercury on Walnut
St! Why, you say? Cause brazilian bikini waxes are ILLEGAL in NJ!!!!!
Clearly NJ politicians have nothing else to do-but actually they were
neck deep in doo doo when this story broke, with plenty of other things
to do.




But no-because a couple women got burned by some salon in North Jersey,
the state is now enforcing its existing rule against this type of
waxing!!!



http://www.gossiprocks.com../forum/beauty-skincare/982..99-brazilian-waxing-illega..l-new-jersey.html





WTF-so now I have to go to another state to get business done.




Not only does this inconvenience me in a big way, just think of all the
money that is going out of state to Pennsylvania or New York-all because
one salon couldn't do it right! hello-what about all the competent
estheticians out there with reduced incomes! This type of waxing is very
popular in NJ, and all that money is just flowing out of here (or salon
owners are risking fines or the loss of their license). Never mind all
the taxes that the state is missing out on!




Ok-now take this example of the nanny state and extrapolate-do you see
how your examples are ridiculous, economically imprudent, and just plain
freedom-grabbing?




Tell me about it

No comments:

Post a Comment