Monday, November 29, 2010

year end blog Dec 09

UPDATE: I can't get to comments until tonight, but I just have to update this right now. On this blog I mention popular bloggers and (almost)absent friends, but I don't say too much about the friends, new and old, that are here reading this. The blog isn't about you really, because you are still here and I treasure your friendship, your input on my blogs, and I also treasure reading yours. Thank you for being here and for writing those funny sad and insightful blogs I mention below. Love you!!! THANK YOU!
So what is it about Myspace anyway? I've been here over two years now and although I may have missed the glory days, I've been privileged to read many talented bloggers, befriend some of them and other folks. These people have enriched my life in many ways; they listened to my ravings, opined on my pictures, and allowed me to peek into their lives.

However, lately my world here has changed, which in itself is not a bad thing. For many people Myspace is a place for transition; they arrive here at a transformational time of their lives and express themselves to strangers who may become friends. At a certain point, even though they may take some Myspace friends with them, they leave and go offline, or stay online in another venue (maybe Facebook or Twitter).

So-changes in my world-many of the people that I am closest to here, and some that I have "socialized" with face to face, are gone or almost gone. Many of my top friends come here rarely, if at all, and although I still interact with them online and off, I don't see them here on a regular basis. The reasons those friends are no longer here vary, but many have defected to Facebook. I know that some of them found themselves missing a lot of blogs here and feeling guilty about it. I can certainly understand but I do think it's a shame that they felt they had to leave Myspace, but of course I want them to do what makes them happy.

Other changes are about me. I have already spilled a lot of what was bottled up for so long, and grown so much and learned so much from reading bloggers here, both friends and otherwise. It's the otherwise I want to get into here.

I never used the top blogs to help me decide who to read; luckily I found them on my own; friends of friends mostly. I read a lot of blogs, left comments on a lot of them, and got replies most of the time. But these people never to came to visit me on my blog or my page. Now of course I understand this-these were very popular bloggers and they could never personally visit all of their readers. I established a kind of friendship with them and that was fine. But I've become much less likely to comment on drama blogs, and the funny, sad and insightful blogs about life are fewer and farther in between, unless my friends write them of course! (that's you ) I am less and less interested in teh drama, and don't really read much nowadays; I read my friends and maybe some political blogs. I have less and less patience for leaving comments on blogs whose writers will never come over here. Whateva-I get it and really don't care.

So you see I've changed too. Although I am on facebook and even have some pictures there, in addition to my etsy site, I still feel that Myspace is my online home and I am not leaving. Elizabeth is not a persona-she is ME, warts and all, and that's why you won't find her if you google my real name. My facebook page is the family-friendly version; if anything that page is a persona. This is the real thing. So-some friends and readers may come and go, and I may occasionally clean out my blog subscription list, but I still want to be here and am not going anywhere.

Not a persona, but the real me. How about you?

Thanks! Merry Christmas, happy whatever you celebrate, and have a happy and healthy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment