Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why I'm doing it



Why I am getting a tattoo tomorrow-in no particular order:

Even though my dad didn't quite know what to think of me or how to deal with me, he loved me and always made me feel like a star, so the tattoo is a bit of a tribute to him. He is my star in the heavens, after all. I always feel that he is close to me.

I have finally made some peace with the demons that haunted me for SO MANY years, and I feel I need to mark the occasion.

To remind myself always that I am a star and goddammit-no one can take that away or diminish it. The only danger I continue to face is myself and my own fear of success-enough already!

It's an adventure-something new and different. Scary and painful without being too dangerous. I am a wimp about pain but will take my Motrin and wear my Sea-Bands (I'm more afraid of being sick and/or passing out than anything else) and just go for it.

4 PM tomorrow-and no alcohol cause I have to drive myself about an hour away (and home). It's up to me myself and I, which of course is the way it should be.








No comments:

Post a Comment